Sunday, July 19, 2009

FIREWORKS!!!






Our small community does not do 4th of July fireworks. Instead, they wait and combine funds with another small neighboring community and have a celebration called Duk Duk Daze, and they have fireworks on the last day.

Last night was Duk Duk Daze's fireworks display. We decided to take Levi and see what happened. So we bundled him up, got a great spot (one that we could make a quick get away from if needed), and waited. I fed Levi under a sheet while we were waiting, and poor Patrick got some pretty weird looks for talking to a girl under a sheet. When the fireworks started, Levi was quiet as a mouse! No screams, no fussing, just looking. I was more fussy than him, and I kep trying to put my hand against his ears to keep the loud noises from hurting his ears. My baby is so brave!




Here is Patrick getting Levi out so I can feed him under my sheet.






Here is Levi checking out the fireworks in Daddy's arms.







Here is Mommy trying to keep the sounds from hurting Levi's ears

No comments: